Another website by K Alliance LLC is Self Study Source. The site aims to promote the availability of self-paced computer based training videos on a wide variety of topics from its site. This includes:
- Microsoft computer based training courses such as in the areas of programming (.net vb and / or c#,), web development, database administration (SQL), web applications, security, operating system, server, among others.
- Microsoft Office or desktop applications (Access, Accounting Professional, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, SharedPoint, Visio, Vista, Word, among others.)
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE) on network administration (CCNA), network professional (CCNP), and internetwork expert (CCIE).
- CompTIA certification trainings (Linux, A+, Network +, Security +, among others)
- Network security certification training (CISSP, CEH, CFED, ACFT, CPTS, CWNA)
The training packages available includes video cds, workbooks, courseware, and live mentors or trainers.
I think packages like this are timely as I.T. professionals need continuous training if one desires to be on top of the game against competitors. One has to choose between self-study program or instructor-interactive face-to-face program.
On the improvement side, it will help if there are testimonials that can attest to the effectiveness of the program.